I have decided to set some goals for myself which I’ve dubbed Soul Goals. These are the goals that will feed my soul and my spirit and create inner peace and healing. I think as much as we want external success in terms of our careers and families and financial state, having inner success is much more important and can actually contribute to the external goals and successes. I think there is also less pressure to showcase these soul goals but its equally important that you work on it every single day.
One way I have found to work on it, is to journal; to write down everything about my day. The good and the bad and see where I’ve achieved these special goals.
So here are a few of my personal soul goals. I will probably add to it as time goes on.
- Be present in every moment and take in everything around you; the sun, sky, flowers, sounds and smells
- Listen more intently
- Be more loving
- Be kinder
- Visit new places
- Be more positive
- Journal more
- Spend more time in God’s presence
- Write and read more poetry
- Rest when necessary
- Take more pictures and more videos
- Take more walks
- Appreciate every single day, find the good in every day
- Forgive yourself
- Smile more; at loved ones and at strangers
- Play more games
- Appreciate your own physical self; take care of your health
- Love yourself – You are wonderfully and fearfully made
- Let go of the guilt
- Don’t be afraid to enjoy yourself and doing things that you enjoy
- Stop rushing through every day, walk slower, breath slower
These might seem insignificant when others have bigger goals of buying cars and homes and growing in their careers, which are all amazing and I too have some of those goals but I have felt lately that I have neglected my inner being, my inner child and I’m hoping by working on these soul goals, I will be able to achieve more peace within my spirit and take care of the inner self.